Saturday, June 26, 2010

First Pair of June Socks


I completed my first pair of socks for June last weekend. I finished knitting them late Friday night, and finished the finishing (weaving in the ends of yarn at the toe and cuff) Saturday afternoon. The socks are Wendy Johnson's Diagonal Lace Socks, from her book Socks from the Toe Up, knit with my favorite sock yarn, Dream in Color Smooshy, in the Lunar Zazzle colorway. (As always, click on the photo to enlarge it.) The pattern is easy to "read" from the socks themselves (or to remember, if you aren't experienced enough to "read" the pattern in the sock), and the socks were fun to knit.

The pair shown is actually the second pair of Diagonal Lace Socks I started. The first pair is still a WIP (work in progress). I found the yarn, which is thicker than most sock yarn, as well as stiffer, difficult to work with, and after four days of feeling like I was fighting the yarn every inch of the way, I set the pair aside and started the socks shown above. I turned the heels on the first pair tonight, so I hope to finish them before the end of the month. 

What are you knitting?

Susannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ring Memberships